Regulatory Seminar: Navigating Complexities of Ingredient Statement Regulations
Trustwell’s regulatory experts will provide practical guidance and best practices for complying with FDA and USDA regulations, including how to avoid common labeling errors and ensure that your food products are accurately labeled and in compliance with the law.
Attendees will walk away with an understanding of:
- Mandatory requirements and exemptions for ingredient statements
- Formatting and placement of ingredient statements on packaging labels
- Latest FDA regulatory and guidance initiatives and industry trends impacting ingredients and sub-component listings
- How to declare spices, natural and artificial flavorings, colorings, additives, preservatives, and ingredients that make up less than 2% of the product
- How to avoid common labeling errors using industry examples
- Standards of Identity and common or usual name of ingredients
Additionally, the seminar will dive into the nuances of sub-ingredients and the correct order of listing ingredients in descending order of predominance by weight. Attendees will leave with the knowledge and tools necessary to ensure compliance with FDA regulations and effectively communicate accurate ingredient information to consumers.